- Published: 25 October 2019
UK Test Engineer for Device Acceptance Laboratory (Slough, Berkshire)
Within our Telecom Division in DEKRA, we are looking for a test engineer to join our Device Acceptance team in Slough (UK), where we provide Testing Services to Operators for the acceptance of different types of devices.
This is an exciting opportunity to join DEKRA for a customer-oriented and hard-working engineer willing to learn new technologies and work with major smartphone manufacturers.
Duties and essential Job Responsibilities
- Execution of field & interoperability tests of cellular devices.
- Reporting of results and issues found on specific tools.
- Assist device manufacturer and network operators with cellular issues troubleshooting, when necessary, investigating in the standards when required.
- Contribute in the continuous development and optimization of the test plans and internal procedures.
- Participating in conference calls with customers
- Bachelor degree in Telecommunications Engineer.
- Proven experience working with mobile cellular devices (2G/3G/4G/4G+/IMS).
- Familiar with other technologies commonly present in cellular devices (WiFi, Bluetooth, NFC, GPS, etc.)
- Familiar with the use of mobile OS platforms (Android, iOS, etc.) and different types of devices (smartphones, modems, M2M, automotive, modules, chipset reference designs, etc.).
- Experience in the use of cellular chipset logging tools from different manufacturers (Qualcomm, Exynos, Mediatek, etc). Experience in log analysis will be considered very positively!
- Good level of written and spoken English.
- Ability to work with concurrent projects and short deadlines, attention to detail and quality oriented are essential.
- Willing to learn about new technologies, solutions and services.
- Self-motivated and desire to take the initiative to work independently and handle multiple tasks.
Additional preferred qualifications:
- Knowledge/Experience with certification projects tracking tools (HP Quality Center, IBM CLM, others)
- Knowledge or experience in Cellular IoT technologies (Cat M1 / NB-IoT).
- Knowledge in 5G is a plus!
Important Notice to Search Firms: DEKRA Automotive does not seek or accept unsolicited resumes from search firms for employment or contractor opportunities, regardless of any past practices. All unsolicited resumes submitted by search firms to any employee or hiring manager at DEKRA Automotive via e-mail, the Internet, or in any other form of communication shall be deemed to be a resume submitted by the individual identified therein and shall not be subject to any fees attributed to that submission by the search firm. For the avoidance of doubt, DEKRA Automotive shall not pay any fees for any candidate resume submission without a valid, written and fully executed search agreement between the search firm making the submission and DEKRA Automotive.